hurting others, Subj: limited-access events in common space
From: Monty Berman (mberman116hotmail.com)
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 13:09:00 -0800 (PST)
         Sharon Villines, with whom I have had rewarding exchanges, ends her
response to the subject of "limited-access events in common space" by saying,
So if I were a member of a group that decided it only wanted the "six of us"
and no one else was allowed to
join and we met in the CH, it would be very obvious and hurtful to at least
some other members.

  After debating whether I should raise this, evidently I decided to go ahead.
The paragraph ends with it would be very obvious and hurtful to at least some
other members. I make the distinction between actually feeling hurt as against
having some old unresolved feeling activated or simply not liking what someone
is saying to or about you. I once was very, very embarrassed at something my
wife-at-the-time shared about me. I coulda killed her,AND she was oblivious to
the distress I experienced (until, of course, I told her about it). So, my
point is that she didn't hurt me; rather I struggled with the embarrassment of
what impression others would have of me given the remark. In all, I see it as
more of where I am at with myself rather than how people act towards or around
me.

Monty

Monty Berman  EcoVillage at Ithaca, NY

Message: 2