Re: hurting others, Subj: limited-access events in common space
From: Joanie Connors (jvcphdgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 13:33:13 -0800 (PST)
This is a very good point as it is impossible to please everyone, and
you can't expect any community to live under standards of never
hurting each other. Living with anyone, you inevitably bump up against
each others' needs.

That said, there is something inherently offputting about having an
exclusive group meet in a facility that was created and paid for by an
inclusive community. Small group research finds that exclusion
commonly provokes negative feelings and conflict. Community leaders
might want to avoid subjecting their members to such an effect.