Re: Low Cost Cohousing
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 16:37:45 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 24, 2010, at 12:21 PM, Greg Nelson wrote:

While I'm thinking about it, since people have been asking for more
specifics and numbers, here are our cost breakdowns for a couple of
example affordable units,

Thank you for sending specific numbers. I think it helps people feel less helpless when confronting developing a community when they see numbers. The developer's handbook that Ann and others posted last week also gives budgets for the development of three communities.

With numbers from a built community, you can work toward estimates. The numbers won't be right for you but working from them to build a real budget will help you understand numbers and what categories of things you need to conquer. And the relative amounts spent in each category.

I just finished a book on how to create a business on the internet that never gave ANY numbers. No numbers about the number of hits required to quality for certain ad posting services, etc, for example The only reason I kept reading was because I expected a chart or a chapter was all numbers. No luck.

Please share numbers.
Sharon
----
Sharon Villines