Re: Attracting families to already existing cohousing communities
From: David Heimann (heimanntheworld.com)
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 19:37:05 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

Recently we ran into a similar issue when we had a two-bedroom unit for sale. Two single women (not a couple nor related, but friends) wished to purchase the unit jointly and reached an agreement with the owner. However, they couldn't find a bank who would give them a mortgage.

We do have one household who helps out their finances by having a roommate in one of their two bedrooms. However, I'm not sure whether this was mentioned as an expectation to the bank that lend them their mortgage.

Regards,
David Heimann
Jamaica Plain Cohousing