consensus question: what if married owners disagree
From: Eris Weaver (eriserisweaver.info)
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 06:05:01 -0800 (PST)
> In testing for consensus, is it by resident, by owner, or by unit?

The definition of consensus that I use is this:
"Consensus is a decision-making method in which all present must give their
consent in order for an action to go forward."

"All present" in the room. It doesn't matter who is married to who. If there
are concern about a proposal, the group needs to work it through, whether it
is just one person or several who have the concern.

 Consensus is a person- and heart-centered process. A housing unit doesn't
have interests, needs and concerns; a person does! And married people don't
always have the same interests, needs, and concerns. I have often watched
two people who are married to each other holding the opposite perspectives
of a hot issue.

eris [at] erisweaver.info
707-338-8589
http://www.erisweaver.info