Re: use of common house, consensus, etc.
From: Mariana Almeida (missmgrrlyahoo.com)
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 11:05:52 -0800 (PST)
Interesting analogy... I have often thought that cohousing neighbors were very
much like coworkers. Some, you don't have much kinship with, but you learn how
to play nicely with, and have to purposely nurture positive interactions.
Others, you click with immediately, and they become friends. All of them are
part of what makes it a community.

Coworkers is an apt description for me because of the aspect of cohousing that
is about getting things done. However, I would say that we have more diversity
in "thinking styles" in my cohousing community than we do in my very left
brain, analytical work environment. Getting things done is much harder in
cohousing than at work -- trust me, it's hard to get things done at work, too!
 Mariana
Berkeley Calif cohousing... where my nuclear family and another neighbor family
are hosting a kids' dance party tomorrow. Everyone is theoretically invited,
but I'm pretty sure no childless adults will make it over to the CH.