Re: Use of visual aids in business meetings
From: Norman Gauss (normangausscharter.net)
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 17:32:37 -0800 (PST)
The trouble with so many of our visual aids is they are presented on chart
pads with small lettering and poor lighting.  Most of the time the charts
face the audience from the middle of a mantel piece framed by large windows
with daylight streaming in.  With the audience facing the light, it's like
trying to see a driver's face at night with his headlights shining in your
face.

Sometimes overhead lights are turned on to compensate, but with so many of
our members over 70 years old some likely with cataracts, only the brightest
light has any realistic chance of illuminating the charts. Suggestions made
to place the charts so that daylight is shining on them are ignored.  No
questions are ever asked if the chart is readable.

So, for me and my spouse, we ignore the visual aids.  They are not worth the
paper they are written on.

Norm Gauss