Re: Use of visual aids in business meetings
From: Matt Lawrence (matttechnoronin.com)
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 19:07:16 -0800 (PST)
On Mon, 1 Mar 2010, Mariana Almeida wrote:

Projector/computer/PowerPoint This would be my preferred method, but there is resistance to it. The resistance to it is related to it being too "business"y, too advanced technologically and "would make me feel left out because I'll never learn to use it". Do you use it? What makes it work?

Well, cohousing development is a multi-million dollar business, and that's just for one instance.

Having had to sit through a lot a really painful presentations, I want to strongly recommend learning how to use a project effectively. Black text on a white background tends to cause a lot of eyestrain over a prolonged period. Lower contrast colors that look fine on a computer screen are illegible on a projected image. There are a lot of other things that I've heard about as well that I don't remember. The knowledge of how to do this effectively is certainly out on the web, you just have to take time to locate it.

-- Matt
It's not what I know that counts.