Top 10 cohousing films
From: peterpiper (peterpiperriseup.net)
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 03:40:28 -0800 (PST)
I've sat down and watched the various DVD's I've got about cohousing. And I've also trawled through youtube and vimeo for other good examples. I've picked out 6 great films, but I'm keen to here other people's favourites that I will put in a "Top 10" to go on www.cohousing.org.uk and www.lilac.coop

Voices of cohousing (2007, 37 minutes)
http://notsocrazy.net/cohousing.html
trailer at http://www.youtube.com/user/mlietaert

Designing a great neighborhood: behind the scenes at Holiday (2004, 54 mins)
Comprehensive look at process used by Wild Sage Cohousing with lots of excellent examples.
http://www.bullfrogfilms.com/catalog/dagn.html

Cohousing in Madison (2009, 20 mins)
informative voice over of slide show by Lou Host-Jablonski
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8izHx9A1tk

CoHousing (2009, 2 mins)
Very short explanation of cohousing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suCFPGJxcPE

Cohousing (2007)
Part 1: Friends and Neighbors (5 mins)
Part 2: Guarding Bess (3 mins)
Part 3: Community by Design (2 mins)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCAvgyHkCaY

Live in a truly neighborly neighborhood (2010, 8 mins)
Update story of LaQuerencia Cohousing
http://www.youtube.com/user/fresnocohousing

OLD FILMS, for the archives ....

Elder Cohousing: neighborhoods for people (2007/1995, 18 mins)

Ways we live: exploring community - Making Shelter (1997, 30 mins)

Tribe By Choice (2006, 10mins)
http://www.ladyfreedom.net/tribe.html

Visions of Utopia: experiments in sustainable community (2004, 94 mins)
www.ic.org