Re: "process junkies" versus not [WAS resolving conflict]
From: Diana E Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 10:42:05 -0800 (PST)

Rob Sandelin wrote:
One of the dichotomies of cohousing is there are process people who like
talk about feelings and process conflicts and so living in a cohousing
group
feeds that. The other side are people who want a secure and comfortable
place where they have friendly neighbors, but do not have very much, if
any,
interest in personal growth sorts of things.

Just a nit to pick: some of us are interested in all sorts of "personal growth sorts of things", but not necessarily with my neighbors. I want a secure and comfortable place with friendly neighbors in part to make my life a secure and happy base for personal growth...but I don't want neighborhood-based therapy to help bring about that growth.

The opposite of "[community-based] process junkies" is not "uninterested in personal growth".

- Diana
--
Now is the time for community........Mosaic Commons cohousing
Homes still available...........http://www.mosaic-commons.org