Re: Aging in Place: Is your community becoming a NORC? (Revised Link)
From: Craig Ragland (craigraglandgmail.com)
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 09:25:35 -0700 (PDT)
re: "will we find the answer in Boulder?"

Perhaps a better question might be "will we advance the conversation in
Boulder"

The Cohousing University course offered by Charles Durrett, author of Senior
Cohousing, will undoubtedly be a part of that:

http://www.cohousing.org/2010/cohou/senior

There will also be a number of aging-related breakout sessions in the main
confernece.

I'm also hopeful that those of you able to attend tomorrow's Mid-Atlantic
Regional Conference: Growing Smart Communities:

http://www.midatlanticcohousing.org/conf/Conference.html

will move the conversation forward.

That being said, I'm not sure how helpful it is to think of Cohousing as
being NORCs. Given the intentionality and amount of work to create them,
Cohousing communities is far from being "naturally occurring," regardless of
its age configuration.

Craig