Re: Wonderful MAC Conference Yesterday
From: Ellen Keyne Seebacher (ellepobox.com)
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 11:57:00 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 09:38:52AM -0400, Raines Cohen wrote:

> The challenge she faces is that while she is working, she feels she
> doesn't have the time and money to travel, explore, and learn --
> especially given the low turnover rates in many cohousing
> neighborhoods, which limit the odds of a home becoming available when
> she's looking.

Why not direct her to just-built communities, like Sawyer Hill Ecovillage,
which still have several homes seeking owners?  I agree with Sharon
Villines that "Joining a cohousing community is more like moving into
a neighborhood than joining a club or a family" -- and that it might be
more efficient to look at neighborhoods where there's more than one
home available. :-)

(For info on homes at Sawyer Hill, see http://sawyerhill.org/forsale.)

--
  Know someone who'd be perfect for green community living at Sawyer Hill
  Ecovillage (Berlin, Mass.)?  Send them to us and we'll pay you a $1000