Re: Aging in Place: Is your community becoming a NORC?
From: Meg Easling (megallawest.net)
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 10:04:54 -0700 (PDT)
Those are all very good options and many times, they just fall into place for elderly people, especially with the help of friends. There are often senior centers in towns too that are of help. I think it is the 'what if' s that we need be concerned about. What if the elderly person has no money to hire someone and there is no gentle soul who wants to or has time to help him/her out? If said person owns a house, they probably can't get any aid. Not sure. I don't know many people over 65 who aren't quite worried about losing everything, including their freedom and having to live in conditions that are painful to them.
Meg
----- Original Message ----- From: "R.N. Johnson" <cohoranda [at] yahoo.com>