Re: allocation of reserve expenses
From: Rosemary McNaughton (astromezzogmail.com)
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 20:51:38 -0700 (PDT)
We proportion our total condo fee including operating expenses and reserve
contributions by square footage only.  We have standard adjustments for
lower rates at which attics, basements, and porches are counted in the total
square footage.

We do not have any houses that are not market rate houses, but we did design
a few homes that are substantially smaller than the others and a couple
households ended up being rather large by square footage with two story
additions, finished attics, etc.  The spread in our condo fees is thus about
a factor of 4 last I checked, with the least expensive fees being under
$100/month (for operating and reserve combined, again).

-Rosemary
Rocky Hill Cohousing
Florence (Northampton), MA

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 9:26 AM, Bryan Bowen <bryan [at]
bryanbowenarchitects.com