Two Units for Sale at Takoma Village
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 06:56:42 -0700 (PDT)
We actually have three units for sale. The information on two of them is below. You can see our website for full information about the units and about Takoma Village.

http://www.takomavillage.org

Please contact Richard or Paula, not me.

Thank you,
Sharon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FOR SALE

TVC Unit 102    $518,000
TVC Unit 306    $418,000

SUMMARY:
These condominiums are set in a beautifully landscaped peri-urban co- housing community two blocks from the Takoma Metro station (Red line).

Unit 102 has three bedrooms, a den, 2.5 bathrooms, and a full footprint basement with high ceilings.

Unit 306 has two bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, and separate basement storage.

OVERVIEW:
Takoma Village Cohousing (TVC) is an intergenerational community housed in a 43-unit condominium building in the Takoma neighborhood of Washington, DC. Each unit is an independently-owned condominium apartment. We foster mutual support and cooperation while respecting privacy. We welcome diversity, encourage ecologically responsible living, and value active participation in the larger world.

Purchase price of each unit includes one reserved parking spot in a secure lot, and 1/43 ownership of the TVC Common House. Condo fee includes natural gas, high-speed internet, water, insurance and maintenance for common areas, and other common expenses.

Low energy costs are attributable to the energy-efficient geothermal heating and cooling system, and a desuperheater connected to the water heater (which effectively heats water in the tank with residual energy when the air conditioner is running).

Shared amenities in and around the Common House include: large dining room and kitchen, cozy fire-place nook and sun-room, young children’s play room, older children’s hang-out room, large workshop, office space complete with communal office equipment, laundry room with utility sink and two large washers and driers, exercise room, upper level porch, take-it-or-leave-it corner, two guest rooms, hot tub, composting facility, fenced yard for active outdoor play, and recycling.

TVC gets a “Walk Score” of 88 out of 100 (see www.walkscore.com) because of our close proximity to shops, restaurants, and amenities in downtown Takoma Park (including, among others, the fabulous Video Americain, a Post Office, gift and specialty shops, cleaners, pet store, drug store, clothing and furniture shops, the Takoma Park Food Co-op, and the year-round Sunday Takoma Park Farmer’s Market), and the Takoma, DC neighborhood (a corner market, Cedar Crossing Tavern, Mayorga Coffeehouse, My Little Bistro, and ample recreation facilities two blocks away including an Olympic-size swimming pool—free to DC residents—tennis courts, playground, running track, and ball fields).

UNIT 102:
Unit 102 is a townhouse-like unit with grade-level entrance, a spacious open-format kitchen-dining-living area with half-bath and den on the main level, three bedrooms and two full baths on the upper level, and a full-footprint unimproved basement with laundry and storage shelves.

The sunny kitchen boasts generous counter space—including eat-in counter—and under-the-sink reverse-osmosis water filter.

Access to the small backyard space is via sliding glass doors at the rear of the living room/dining room.

The second floor includes a generous master suite with walk-in closet and ceiling fan, and two additional bedrooms that share the second full bath.

There are several colorful murals (painted by the owner’s daughter).sd

UNIT 306:
Unit 306 is a lovely, sunny unit with a separate lower entrance level with large coat closet, an open format living area and half bath on the main level, and two bedrooms and two full baths on the upper level.

The just-right-sized kitchen boasts generous counter space—including eat-in counter—and a separate breakfast nook/den/play area.

The living room hosts a fireplace and balcony access. And the ample dining room comfortably seats eight.

The in-closet laundry on the bedroom level is surprisingly substantial. And the master suite and second bedroom both include ceiling fans.

Contact Richard McAlee at (410) 703-5046 [Unit 102], or Paula Nersesian at (240) 447-2922 [Unit 306] for further information. Or send a message to TVCunits4sale [at] gmail.com.

Buyers with and without brokers/agents are welcome. However, buyers with representation will be responsible for any and all broker/agent costs and/or fees.