Re: intentional community inclusive of persons with disabilities
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 05:44:06 -0700 (PDT)
Amelia and all -

May I suggest two important resources? One is NICHE, Inc. in Norfolk, VA. Jane Sufficool is the contact. They are developing a model of cohousing which includes people with developmental disabilities. The other is Judith Treesberg and DreamBakery. Both are cc'd above.

Both groups were at the recent Mid Atlantic Cohousing conference held here in the DC area. Judith organized and presented a workshop on Mixed Abilities.

Both these parties are working towards using cohousing in their models to bring people of mixed abilities together in a community based arrangement.

Please consider attending the upcoming conference in Boulder, CO (cohousing.org) where I'm sure there will be others who are also tackling this most challenging of housing and community areas.

Call or write me if needed.
Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing