Non-developer building?
From: Nicole Lorsong (nickittynicyahoo.com)
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 05:34:56 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all,

I'm a part of a [very] new group in Maryland, and we were wondering if there
were any cohousing communities where individual member households were
responsible for the construction of their own homes, vs using a standard
developer, construction company, and set of house plans?

At the current time (this may change, of course) due to wide differences in our
desires for types and styles of houses (and definitely no one wanting to tell
someone else how their house can and can't be), we would like for each
household to be able to build what they want.
Besides possibly higher costs, are there any inherent problems with this?

Thanks in advance,
Nicole