Re: Non-developer building?
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 08:42:19 -0700 (PDT)
Nicole Lorsong wrote on 7 Apr 2010:
> we were wondering if there were any cohousing communities where
> individual member households were responsible for the construction of
> their own homes, vs using a standard developer, construction company,
> and set of house plans?

Yes there are communities that have used the "Lot Delvelopement" model.
which is different thatn what Van described in the reply quoted below.
I suggest getting started by searching the cohousing-L archives for:
+subject:lot
at http://lists.cohousing.org/archives/cohousing-l/
(or via link at bottom of any list message)

Here is a message from 1995 from our knowlegeable subscriber
Rob Sandelin called Re: The "lot" development model :

http://lists.cohousing.org/pipermail/cohousing-l/msg02954.html

VAN DEIST wrote on Thu, 8 Apr 2010:

> Here in Venice, FL our group is planning a lot development plan for a
> land condominium.  Each cohouser will be responsible for his/her

This sounds like some kind of hybrid with individual finanancing but
common builder.

Fred

--
YEA! (& boo) 3/23/10 Health Care Reform Passed! See my Blog entry.
Communications for Justice -- Free, superior listserv's w/o ads:
612-588-9532 (7am-10pm CST/CDT)   Email: fholson at cohousing.org