Re: Advice Needed: Repainting the community after 12 years in residence
From: Muriel Kranowski (murielkvt.edu)
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 12:29:44 -0700 (PDT)
I've thought about this a lot, usually when I'm on my way home and I see our houses in a group. My opinion about house colors is "let a thousand flowers bloom", maybe with the stipulation that certain colors are too obnoxious or are so intense that only a few scattered houses will use them, or asking immediate neighbors not to select the same color, etc.

I regret my community's "visual unity" decision although I wasn't willing to block it, back when - I think it's dull. I believe the houses in a real village would have an idiosyncratic range of colors unless the place was so isolated or poor that their choices were extremely limited.

    Muriel
    I'm not saying where, since I just dissed our color scheme :-)