Re: Advice Needed: Repainting the community after 12 years in residence
From: Elizabeth Magill (pastorlizmgmail.com)
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 19:24:58 -0700 (PDT)
Mosaic had a palette of five colors to choose from, selected by our architect, and, SHOCKINGLY not including purple (which was the one color many in the community had their heart set on). Then a team put colors on houses based on each persons first and second choices and distribution throughout the community.

Camelot had a long list of colors to choose from and households got their choice. That included more than one version of "blue" which, in my mind, was clearly the recipe for disaster.

So I was a little shocked to discover that both systems really worked very well, and both communities look great.

(Camelot and Mosaic are two Coho groups built on the same land and marketed as "sawyerhill ecovillage". I'm in Mosaic.)

-Liz
Elizabeth Magill
www.sawyerhill.org
Some red homes still available.