Lancaster Cohousing news
From: Kathy Bashford (kathybashfordgooglemail.com)
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 14:22:24 -0700 (PDT)
Hi All – a quick update….

We put in our planning application!  There’s now a consultation; expressions
of support would be very appreciated!  Please see below for details.

Please come and meet us - details of events this weekend and beyond are
below.  We hope to welcome some new members in July (applications by June 27
th).

Cheers, Kathy

www.lancastercohousing.org.uk

Kathy [at] lancastercohousing.org.uk

01524 842924

* *

*Planning Consultation*

Anyone can comment on the application by emailing
dcconsultation [at] lancaster.gov.uk quoting application ref 10/00319/FUL or you
can view the application and comment on it at http://alturl.com/dtqn.

Comments don't need to be technical but should be relevant to the planning
process, for example (in your own words)

- it is a good design for the site

- it is in keeping with the local area

- it will help demonstrate how to build homes with much less impact on the
environment

- it will remove an eyesore

- it will ensure the riverside in this area is well looked after and managed

- it will provide the type of housing that people clearly want

- the managed workspace will provide opportunities for new businesses

- it is a huge improvement on the previous (Time & Tide) proposals

You only need to write a short paragraph clearly expressing support and
mentioning one or two points such as those above to be very helpful!

*Upcoming Events*

* *

*4th Sunday every month*

11am Brunch Whale Tail Café <http://www.whaletailcafe.co.uk/>, 78a Penny
Street, Lancaster, LA1 1XN

1.30pm site tour

Forge Bank, Halton
(map<http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=LA2+6RH&sll=54.076865,-2.75671&sspn=0.011406,0.038624&ie=UTF8&ll=54.077168,-2.754779&spn=0.011406,0.038624&t=h&z=15&iwloc=A>).
Meet at the Mill building – you can recognise it by a large 'North West
Engineering' sign

*Last Thursday of every month*

4.15pm Mill tour (by request, info [at] lancastercohousing.org.uk)

Members of the Commercial Development Group of the Cohousing Project will
show you round the Mill and help you to think about possibilities for your
business/organisation/office/workshop needs.

* *

*Saturday April 24th*

*National Cohousing Conference, London.  Details at www.cohousing.org.uk*

* *

*Sunday April 25th*
11am Brunch
1.30pm site tour
2.45 for 3pm Information afternoon*

Halton Youth & Community Centre, Low Road, Halton, LANCASTER, LA2 6NB

* *

*Sunday May 23rd*
11am Brunch
12.45 for 1pm Integration afternoon*

Gregson <http://www.gregson.co.uk/>, Moor Lane, Lancaster LA1 3PY,
prospective members only
1.30pm site tour

*Please contact us in advance if you would like us to provide a crèche for
this event (there is a children’s room booked).