May 8: Portland Cohousing Communities Tour
From: Neil Planchon (neilswansway.com)
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 17:07:59 -0700 (PDT)
Speaking of PDX and Trillium Hollow (Charles M's previous post)...

A fantabulous bus tour is planned for May 8 - two weeks from tomorrow - of five (5) Cohousing communities in the vibrant city of Portland, Oregon. The size, age, architecture and personality of each is very different. At each community, participants will be welcomed by residents and shown around the indoor/outdoor common spaces, homes and have an opportunity to learn all about their history and what life is like in a Cohousing community.

We will extend our visit at Daybreak Cohousing, which just had its grand opening ceremony last week, and enjoy lunch there in the company of some of its residents. Fact Sheets with site plans, details of each community and contact information will be available to attendees. Come spend the day learning more about Cohousing with many like-minded people and knowledgeable Cohousing resident guides. I will be one of them. We will use our driving time to network and share our learnings.

If you are curious about Cohousing, looking for more community in your life, come personally experience what is possible when more community is nearby.

To learn more and register, visit http://www.cohousing.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=45 . Group pricing (5+) is available. Invite friends and family to join you.

I look forward to hearing from you and meeting you in Portland. Please email me with any questions you might have.

Cordially,
Neil Planchon - neil [at] cohousing.org
Tours Director - Cohousing Association - http://www.cohousing.org/tours
Look! http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/11/garden/11cohousing.html
Founding Resident - Swan's Market Cohousing - Oakland CA -
http://www.swansway.com

P.S. For details of other scheduled tours in WA, MA, CA, DC and CO, visit http://www.cohousing.org/tours

"There is no better way to gain an understanding of cohousing than to take one of these tours. The tour was impressively well-organized; the hosts were dynamic, fun, informative and kept everything running very efficiently, which allowed us to see six different communities in one day. Individuals at each site welcomed us, opened the doors to their homes so we could see their personal spaces and shared honestly about all aspects of cohousing, not just the idealistic ones. I would say this is a must for anyone interested in cohousing" - Nancy F. (2010 CA Tour participant)