Re: SPIN Farming
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 04:55:40 -0700 (PDT)
As list manager I debated whether to approve
Richart Keller's "SPIN Farming" post. I'd never heard of the term and
still dont know how relevant it is to how many cohousing groups.
I did look it up on the web and thought I'd summarize my findings.

SPIN Farming stands for S-mall P-lot IN-tensive
o under one acre

o it says it is a franchise like operation that provides
  information and guidance.

o "Its precise revenue targeting formulas and organic-based techniques
   make it possible to gross $50,000+ from a half- acre."

o They charge $12 for each for 7 pdf's with information ($84 for 7)
  $20/each for 6 others.

My gardening wife's first reaction is that it is sounds like a rip off.
Most info is probably available elsewhere free.

Hence Richart's question (if anyone has actually tried it).

Fred

--
YEA! (& boo) 3/23/10 Health Care Reform Passed! See my Blog entry.
Communications for Justice -- Free, superior listserv's w/o ads:
612-588-9532 (7am-10pm CST/CDT)   Email: fholson at cohousing.org