Re: policy library, for real
From: Craig Ragland (craigraglandgmail.com)
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 15:46:43 -0700 (PDT)
Let's hear it for Canada - and the power of community!

Thanks to Windsong and Daniel Lindenberger for making this resource
available to us all - and to Tree for letting us know it exists. This
is an example of a shared resource that could prove helpful to both
forming groups and established communities. I'm going to ask the
archivist at Songaia to get some of our documents uploaded and I urge
others to do so as well.

When we had an editor on staff, Coho/US did get stalled in a similar
effort. Our focus was on the more formal legal, rather than policy
documents. We stumbled over concerns about the legal risks of
providing such documents. Seeing this resource become available, it
reminds me of the value of walking before running.

In their strategic planning work for 2010 and beyond, the Coho/US
board of directors has the prioritized the further development of the
Cohousing Resource Center:

http://www.cohousing.org/resource_center

So you should see that section of the Cohousing website dramatically
expand over the next few years. We'll add a link to the Windsong
Policy Document database to that page soon.

Craig Ragland
Coho/US Exec Dir