Re: Policy Library
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 15:10:41 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all!

Architectural drawings are considered in the same category as art, books, records, etc. They are copy protected works.

You would need the permission of the architect to use his/her drawings. I'm sure the architect would be delighted to have his/her work used again for a royalty fee. And I'm sure this would be somewhat less than starting from scratch. You can buy DIY plans in this manner over the internet so I'm sure you can work out a deal w/ an architect to reuse his/her concept. So if you see someone's work you like -- write and ask!

AZ

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing