Re: Open Source Policies and More
From: Nicole Lorsong (nickittynicyahoo.com)
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 21:43:18 -0700 (PDT)
Have you ever seen the kid's show "Bob the Builder"?

In a recent season, Bob won a contest to be the developer/builder of a
community called Sunflower Valley. He uses a lot of eco-friedly building ideas
(including straw bale houses and houses built into the hills) in his proposal,
where as the other developer in the contest plans to make the rural area into a
very urban city with malls, billboards, and tall buildings.

Anyway, what made me think of this from your post is that to better fit the
needs of incoming residents, Bob invents a house that "snaps" together using
different pieces. This way, the people got to have the windows, doors, rooms,
etc, that they wanted while not having to build the whole thing custom. Then
they helped each other to "click" them all together!

In real life, what about something like Eco Mod Structures?
http://www.eco-mod-structure.com/ I plan on trying to visit the the model this
summer, and when I emailed the company they said they would be very interested
in doing a cohousing project.