Re: Question re failure rate of forming groups
From: Robert Heinich (robertenocommons.org)
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 09:07:47 -0700 (PDT)
I do not have Diana Leafe Christian's books with me at work, but if memory
serves, intentional communities in general had a 90% failure rate and
cohousing development had a 75% failure rate.  A quick search produced this
http://blogs.salon.com/0002007/2005/01/01.html which supports these figures.

However, I agree that the Great Recession was not helpful to forming group.

-Robert Heinich
 Eno Commons Cohousing
 Durham, NC
 http://www.enocommons.org
 where we just had our retreat at nearby Eno River State Park