Want to give cohousing a try?
From: Patty Hodgins (phodgidcomm.com)
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 10:05:32 -0700 (PDT)
I am planning an approx. 2-month road trip this September-October. I'm looking
for someone to stay in my unit for vastly reduced rent in exchange for cat and
plant care. My community, Hearthstone, is in NW Denver's Highlands
neighborhood, 10 minutes from downtown and within walking distance of a
supermarket, cool restaurants, and shops of all sorts. We are an
intergenerational group of approx. 50 adults and 25 kids. Get to know community
members at regular common meals or by just hanging out -- lots of people are
home during the day.

My unit has one large bedroom + bath upstairs. Ground floor consists of TV
room, small office, bath, and spacious living/dining/kitchen area. Unfinished
basement has washer/dryer. There's a small but very pleasant back yard with
deck. Common house includes great exercise equipment and large-screen TV.

Quinn, Betsy, and Pierre are my three beautiful and charming cats. Quinn gets
twice-daily insulin injections, which are *really* easy to give. (I tend to be
squeamish, and I learned the technique in a flash.) I confess, I have lots of
plants, too, but they are used to a certain amount of neglect.

My travel dates are somewhat negotiable. If this possibility intrigues you,
please write me at phodg [at] idcomm.com. I'll send photos of the place and/or
the cats if you like.

If this message looks familiar to some readers, it's because I sent a similar
version in January for an April-May time frame. That was just before I broke my
ankle and had to postpone the trip.

Patty Hodgins
Hearthstone, Denver