goats
From: kkudia (kkudiapeoplepc.com)
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 19:40:32 -0700 (PDT)
Diana:

Lots of uses for goats.

First: Great 4 H project for children. Easy to handle. Amusing, affectionate, with different personalities and habits. They learn how to milk (if dairy goat), feed, trim their hooves, how to shear (if Cashmere Goat or Angora Goat), how to make goat milk ice cream, natural goat milk soap, goat cheese. They learn about birthing, nursing and raising kids. Perhaps nutrition is the most complex part of raising goats. Of course the community gets to enjoy all these benefits.

Goat milk great for those with allergies. They are great weedeaters and brush clearers.

The Cashmere goats are not jumpers like the other breeds. For jumpers stock panels seem to be a workable solution.

Oh chickens are easy. I have mine free range, till and fertilize everything. Just need a coop for them to lay their eggs and be safe in during the night. Hawks and coyotes are predators where I live.

Pigs are perhaps the smartest. Cows are perhaps the easiest to raise, with minimal care unless they are a dairy cow.

Karen

Anthony Fl

"What are you all doing with the goats?

Using them for milk production? breeding? Slaughter/meat? Keeping
the lawns trim and tidy?

Just curious, we haven't even gotten our act together to get chickens,
let alone goats."

-Diana

What are you all doing with the goats?

Using them for milk production?  breeding?  Slaughter/meat?  Keeping
the lawns trim and tidy?

Just curious, we haven't even gotten our act together to get chickens,
let alone goats.

-Diana

  • Goats Fred H Olson, May 10 2010
    • goats kkudia, May 10 2010