Re: washing machine info request
From: Kay Argyle (Kay.Argyleutah.edu)
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 11:34:02 -0700 (PDT)
We have two Maytag commercial front loaders in our common house laundry. We
got one in 2003, and were happy enough with it to get the other in ~2008(?),
both replacing Gibson front loaders that we started out with in 1999.

The Gibsons were enough trouble that replacing them with the same brand was
out of the question. By contrast, I think we may have had one repair on one
of the Maytags.

The Maytags seem considerably less prone to choke from too much suds than
the Gibsons were. I like Moz's community's solution to the suds problem --
make using too much detergent too much effort!

More advantages to front loaders:
- Front loaders spin more water out than top loaders do, saving on drying
time and energy.
- Front loaders are easier on delicates than top loaders. (I machine-wash
even sweaters and silk blouses.)

Some have complained that you can't use a front loader for extended soaking
or for dying fabric, like you can a top loader. As far as I'm concerned
those are advantages too, in a shared laundry. We have a nice big sink
people can use instead.

Kay
Wasatch Commons

database 5115 (20100514) __________