Developing an Affordable Model
From: ron . czecholinski (ron.czecholinskigmail.com)
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 08:50:40 -0700 (PDT)
I am a small builder and have been following the co-housing movement since the beginning in the US. I also have experience living in intentional community and have been a proponent of simple living for many years. I am very interested in developing a model for affordable co-housing.

I am presently negotiating on property in Asheville NC. I would like to build five or six small houses (under 1000 sq.ft) each with a studio apartment that could be attached or a separate smaller cottage. The studios could be rentals or structured into some form of co-ownership. In addition, I am open to working with folks interested in coordinating construction and/or sweat equity as owner builders to reduce cost.

If anyone is interested in this type of project in Asheville or anywhere else, let me know.

Ron