Re: Process Commiitee members selected?
From: Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 09:54:30 -0700 (PDT)
At RoseWind in Port Townsend WA, our Facilitation Committee is --- like all but our Steering Committee-- based on volunteers. We did have near-burnout when a very contentious member joined it. But the good news is that the others on Facilitation were among the best equipped to deal with a problematic personality. Eventually s/he dropped off, actually dropped out of all community participation.

Our monthly meeting agenda is set in coordination between Facilitation and Steering. Steering vets requests, and makes recommendations based on perceived urgency and on how well "seasoned" an issue is, like having had discussion circles or other collection of community input. Facilitation then works out what fits best on our agenda, time wise, and how much time, what order, etc.

We have no experience electing or selecting Facilitation team members. We are generally grateful for the volunteers, none too numerous, at that!

Maraiah Lynn Nadeau
www.rosewind.org