"Soap Box" on agenda
From: Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 10:00:59 -0700 (PDT)
RoseWind Cohousing in Port Townsend WA. (Long built).
We have sometimes had Open Space on our meeting agendas, where anyone could propose a topic, and then small groups gravitated to any topic of interest to them, for a set period of time.

Recently we've sometimes had Soap Box on some agendas. Simple: anyone can have two minutes on any topic at all, within the capacity of the ten minutes or so set aside for it on the agenda. It's been a good thing. Time to vent a frustration, make a suggestion, share an interest. Seems like a good return for the time it takes. A good balance for an otherwise quite-structured agenda.

Maraiah Lynn Nadeau
RoseWind Cohousing
Port Townsend WA
where everything is in bloom and I haven't worn a jacket in days

www.rosewind.org
two resales available