Re: Process Committee Open to All?
From: Michael Barrett (mbarretttoast.net)
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 10:04:02 -0700 (PDT)
A bit off thread, but my experience with "process" is one of observing, and
being frustrated by, the big difference between the "process" people and the
"get-it-done" people.

Picking at random on a currently dormant topic, the get-it-done folks will
come to the meeting with their chainsaws virtually running in their hands
ready to level (irreversibly of course) and harvest the community woodland,
today, while the process people will talk about the undeniable beauty and
benefits of undisturbed nature till the forest has died of old age (or gypsy
moth or whatever).

Since we definitely need the energy and inputs of both "process" and
"get-it-done" people, does anyone have a good strategy to encourage and
enable them work comfortably and successfully together, instead of just
p*ss*ng each other off?

Michael Barrett
Shadowlake Village, Blacksburg,VA  - where the 15 odd acres of community
trees stand watching us with amusement (and every few years with fear?).
And no, although I have one, I am not expressing an opinion on silviculture.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kathleen Nolan" <kathleennolan [at] bellcoho.com>