Re: Process Committee Open to All?
From: Michael Barrett (mbarretttoast.net)
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 12:08:00 -0700 (PDT)
Sure. Glad you liked it. Michael

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ann Zabaldo" <zabaldo [at] earthlink.net>
To: "Cohousing-L" <cohousing-l [at] cohousing.org>
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2010 2:59 PM
Subject: Re: [C-L]_ Process Committee Open to All?

Michael --

I LOVE the vision you paint of chain saws running and others talking, talking, talking ... Thank you for this description. May I use it???

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC
Principal, Cohousing Collaborative, LLC
Falls Church VA
703 663 3911

On May 21, 2010, at 1:06 PM, Michael Barrett wrote:

A bit off thread, but my experience with "process" is one of observing, and being frustrated by, the big difference between the "process" people and the
"get-it-done" people.

Picking at random on a currently dormant topic, the get-it-done folks will come to the meeting with their chainsaws virtually running in their hands ready to level (irreversibly of course) and harvest the community woodland, today, while the process people will talk about the undeniable beauty and benefits of undisturbed nature till the forest has died of old age (or gypsy
moth or whatever).

Since we definitely need the energy and inputs of both "process" and
"get-it-done" people, does anyone have a good strategy to encourage and enable them work comfortably and successfully together, instead of just
p*ss*ng each other off?

Michael Barrett
Shadowlake Village, Blacksburg,VA - where the 15 odd acres of community trees stand watching us with amusement (and every few years with fear?). And no, although I have one, I am not expressing an opinion on silviculture.