Re: A strategy for affordability
From: bb (bbstat.ufl.edu)
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 22:36:24 -0700 (PDT)
> So in any case, there are *some* places where the zoning
> restrictions aren't the main cost obstacle.

In the area you're describing, what are the zoned density limits on
families or units per acre?  Will the zoning allow quality but
inexpensive prefab like the Katrina cottages made from SIP panels,
spaced with no more than an alleyway between them?

> I just would rather avoid running off again in the direction that
> says "it's all about there being too many laws" rather than a
> balanced approach that fights the most important battles for
> affordability in each community.

Who would these "battles" be fought with in the community, other than
the legislative or executive branches of local government?

Brian