Scholarly Research on Senior Cohousing Communities-Interview Request
From: Jade Aguilar (aguilarjwillamette.edu)
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 15:54:29 -0700 (PDT)
My name is Jade Aguilar and I am a Sociology professor at Willamette University in Oregon, conducting scholarly research senior cohousing communities. I am contacting the list because I am interested in conducting one-on-one interviews [lasting 45 minutes to 1 hour] with any interested members of senior co-housing communities. I will be at the CoHousing Conference in Denver if you’d like to meet face-to-face, or I can also conduct phone interviews if you’re interested in participating, but can’t attend the conference.

My interview questions focus on what drew you to such a community and what you hope to get out of it. I can assure you that I take great care in maintaining the strictest confidence of all of the participants I study and there would be no costs associated (other than your time). My University’s Institutional Review Board has approved this research and I would be happy to answer any questions you might have about the nature of the study. I think social science research on senior cohousing is necessary and timely given the US's changing national demographics and the growing interest in community and sustainability.

Thank you so much for your time and I do hope that we can meet or talk soon.
Sincerely,

Jade Aguilar, PhD.
Assistant Professor of Sociology
Willamette University