Midwest Ecovillage Event
From: Diana Porter (porterdcinci.rr.com)
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 20:21:50 -0700 (PDT)

Midwest Ecovillage event:  Ecovillages: Sustainable Communities
Saturday, June 12, 2010 from 9:00 am until 5:30 pm
Gaillville, Loveland (near Cincinnati) Ohio  http://www.grailville.org/
Attention midwesterners thinking about co-housing and ecovillages. Explore the options for ecological living, whether in our current neighborhoods or newly created ecological communities.

This daylong workshop will combine informational sessions, group discussion and hands-on workshops led by members of Enright Ridge Urban Eco-village and Heartland Ecovillage, two local groups working to create a sustainable, socially equitable way of life, one in the city and one at the edge of Grailville.

Topics will include:

- The principles of ecovillages and how they might apply to your current or envisioned community.

- How a “sense of place” bioregional is part of a whole living system, not just our home or neighborhood, but the broader community with which we interact.

- Ways to help our neighborhoods move beyond individualism toward community resilience, including (topics subject to change) :

- Sustainable local food options
- Living ecologically
- Gardening
- Backyard chickens
- Bringing the eco-village principles into your and your children’s lives

The cost is $65, including lunch. Reservation with nonrefundable deposit is required.

Limited scholarships may be available. 5% discount for multiple pre- paid registrations for this workshop

or this workshop in combination with other Grailville programs. For information or to register contact 513-683-2340.