Re: Balance Between Economic Viability and Vital community
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 14:08:05 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 4, 2010, at 4:23 PM, R.N. Johnson wrote:

I have heard more complaints from the 40+ unit cohousings. If you are very concerned about the size and want to keep costs down, you might set up 2 clusters that shared one common house.

The problem I see with this solution is that most of the conflicts are related to the CH. The workload, the appearance, the use, kids in the CH, pets in the CH, TV in the CH, the workshop door left open, who pays for what, etc.

Having the CH run and cared for and used by different people would complicate this even further.

Sharon
------
Sharon Villines
"On the whole human beings want to be good, but not too good, and not quite all the time." George Orwell