Last chance to register ... Together on the Land Tour June 12th
From: Megan McDonough (mcdonough.megangmail.com)
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 18:44:26 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Cohousing folks in Western Massachusetts ...

We've got an interesting tour planned of cohousing, coops, green homes,
farms and community land trusts this weekend and we are down to our last few
tickets.  If you were thinking about registering, now is the time.  Thanks!

Megan

*=========================================*

*TOGETHER ON THE LAND*

*Options for Ecological Living in Community*

MULTI-SITE GROUP TOUR

9am-5pm Saturday June 12th, 2010

Franklin County, MA

*Pre-Registration Required <http://www.vclt.org/together2010>*

$20 per ticket, discounts & scholarships available

FIND OUT MORE & REGISTER ONLINE AT VCLT.ORG

No internet access? Call Megan at 413-624-5128 to register.

Join us for a tour of ecological living options in Franklin County.  We'll
visit homes and farms that have tested different models for community
living, such as community land trusts, coops, cohousing, and more.  Meet
other people interested in community building and see new places!

Throughout the Pioneer Valley there are numerous models for how to create
communities that balance affordability, ecology and community connections.  No
one model has all the answers – but they all offer tremendous insights and
for some, may be the answer you are looking for today.

This tour focuses on concrete examples of sustainable community living right
here in Franklin County.  Tour stops will include:

   - Cooperatively owned homes (Pioneer Coop of Franklin County –
   Greenfield);
   - Homes on community land trust land (Valley Community Land Trust –
   Wendell);
   - A small cohousing development (Salmon Falls Land Association –
   Shelburne Falls);
   - A conserved working farm (Seeds of Solidarity Farm – Orange); and
   - “In-town” green housing (Zero Energy private residence – Montague)

The goal of this tour is to connect people with organizations and
individuals working towards sustainable community living, offer real-world
examples of community models, and describe how these models work.  We hope
you can come!

*Co-sponsored by: *

Cooperative Development Institute, Coop Power, Equity Trust, Franklin Land
Trust,

Mount Grace Land Conservation Trust & Valley Community Land Trust

*Media Sponsor: *The Valley Advocate

*Special Thanks* to Collective Copies & Green Fields Market for their
in-kind donations

Direct Tour Registration Link (PayPal):
http://www.vclt.org/civicrm/event/register?id=7&reset=1

Tour Registration Link (Pay by Check):