Re: Climate Change, Bill McKibben
From: Marganne Meyer (margannemacnexus.org)
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 00:49:43 -0700 (PDT)
At 9:20 AM -0400 6/13/10, Sharon Villines wrote:
On Jun 12, 2010, at 12:28 PM, Adam Cohen wrote:

Bill is exactly right. As Amory Lovins has said, "Global Weirding is here". I have taken to advising my clients to adapt to the change and prepare for
 more extremes in the short run.

What do you advise them to do?

Ditto. I'd like to read about how climates are predicted to change. For instance, where I live keeps getting hotter and hotter each year and, overall, we have more drought. Is it too simple to think a move north would be toward lower temps and more water?

The other thing that seems a big concern is availability of water. Not sure what information supports this or suggests if it will be world-wide or regional. I live in an area subject to high fire danger -- low humidity, high temps. We've already had the start of fire season, which is a bit earlier each year.

So many factors to think about. I'd like to try and make plans that might help avoid some of the predicted changes, even though it's not necessarily a hard science. Choosing where and how to build a house or how to refurbish an existing home to anticipate potential changes is something many people in this early stage are interested in knowing.

Is there another mailing list or web site anyone can suggest that might deal with this topic so this list isn't overwhelmed with climate change questions?

Cheers!
Marganne