Equipment questions for community cooks
From: Martha Wagner (wordbizspiritone.com)
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 17:14:34 -0700 (PDT)
Our Food Team is considering a few purchases that we'd love some input on from cooks at other communities. Because we grow and eat a lot of salad greens, we are considering an extra-large (5 gallon) salad spinner. If you have experience with them, we'd welcome a recommendation on what to buy.

We are also considering purchasing a large gas outdoor grill at some point and we've been advised that a natural gas hookup might be the smartest, most economical approach, although not portable. We've also been advised to go for a Weber grill, purchased new. Does anyone have suggestions for a community of 50 plus people?

Martha Wagner
Columbia Ecovillage
Portland, OR