Re: Equipment questions for community cooks
From: Ellen Keyne Seebacher (ellepobox.com)
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 19:21:26 -0700 (PDT)
> We are also considering purchasing a large gas outdoor grill at some
> point and we've been advised that a natural gas hookup might be the
> smartest, most economical approach, although not portable. We've
> also been advised to go for a Weber grill, purchased new. Does
> anyone have suggestions for a community of 50 plus people?

I forwarded this question to our acknowledged grillmaster at Mosaic
Commons (where we have over 50 residents), who says:

"Weber Summit S-620, which is my grill minus the bells and whistles.
It'll cook 30 or so burgers at once. Can get it in propane or natural
gas versions.  Stainless steel and cast aluminum, will last 20 yrs
with reasonable maintenance.  There's nothing finer for the price (and
probably not for twice the price)."

        Ellen Seebacher (Mosaic Commons / Sawyer Hill Ecovillage,
          Berlin, MA, where we grill both meat and veggies, and
          still have homes available!)