Re: Another amazing day at the 2010 Natl Coho Conference
From: Craig Ragland (craigraglandgmail.com)
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 05:09:07 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all,

We managed to pull it off...

Against all odds, an event (last night's keynote address) that could have
been something of a fiasco, came together and was success beyond our
expectations. Of course its too early to see how much of a success it was
(and will be) until we get more objective feedback - both in the form of
survey results and in some concrete measures.

I thought it might be interesting for some if I were to pull back the
curgain a bit to reveal what was involved to make last night possible... to
share some of the story.

First, here is a summary of what happened last night in the Keynote for the
2010 Natl Cohousing Conference.

> Lisa Poley. Coho/US Board President, welcomed everybody and kicked off the
evening speaking to a number of PowerPoint slides that I created. These
slides were a mix of stock ones in my growing collection and thee that Lisa
and I cooked up over lunch yesterday.

Perhaps most noteworthy was the 2nd of the new slides. It listed the high
level goals & Develooments form the 2010 - 2013 Strategic Plan which Lisa
has been leading the board to create toward over a great many months. This
is not the right

Craig Ragland - sent via phone with slow keyboard

On Jun 18, 2010 7:28 PM, "PattyMara Gourley" <pmgourley [at] gmail.com> wrote:

Craig,
Thank you for your comments and observations.  I took great comfort in
hearing you say that Bill McKibben is making a statement about reducing our
carbon footprint:
*"Doing this remotely is a symbol - to bring home the importance of reducing
our carbon footprint." *

Bioneers has been doing remote telecasts of their gatherings for years.  I
wonder if this is something that Cohousing Conferences in the future might
include.

Keep feeding us your updates on the conference,
PattyMara

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 5:53 PM, Craig Ragland <craigragland [at] gmail.com
>wrote:

> > Today, the 2010 National Cohousing Conference opened with a wonderful >
featured presentation b...
--
www.pattymara.1000markets.com

Our cohousing home is for sale:
http://tncoho.com/available/1742

"Luminous beings are we . . . not this crude matter." --Yoda