Re: Cohousing Weekend - July 16-18 in Conway NH
From: Liz Ryan Cole (lizryancoleme.com)
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 13:10:14 -0700 (PDT)
Hello list - As people who have been in this list for a while know, Pinnacle @
Loch Lyme Lodge (a forming cohousing community in Lyme, NH)  owns 120 acres, on
which we have a 100 year old cabin based business, but are in a town where
multiple unit housing and clustered housing is essentially disallowed. Having
done our community building (5 years) we are now presenting a proposed change
to the zoning ordinance - one that allows cohousing.  (If anyone wants more
details please write to me off list).  The questions we have for this list are
two: Has anyone seen cohousing specifically defined as a permissible use?  and
What reactions would you have to this draft definition...

CO-HOUSING PROJECT.  A residential development or project on one or more
contiguous parcels of land,
developed by a group of people who define the community as cohousing and who intend
to live in the community themselves , designed and built in accordance with the
co-housing requirements of Article XIII operated as a condominium, co-op or similar form
which allows for individual ownership of each dwelling unit, and including one or more common
areas for use by the residents such as a shared kitchen, dining area, library, computer room,
laundry, greenhouse, fitness area, play area or the like

Thanks to anyone who has thoughts on this subject.

liz

Liz Ryan Cole
home 802.785.4124