Dining hall furniture
From: Susan Bennett (chezbenngmail.com)
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 01:30:24 -0700 (PDT)
At Columbia Ecovillage, we need furniture for the dining/activity area of
our common house, and we are having difficulty finding what we need.  I'm
wondering what other communities have and whether it meets your needs.

We will use the same space for many activities -- meals, meetings, parties,
dances, yoga -- so the space needs to be very flexible,  We need to be able
to store furniture away in compact spaces when it's not in use.

We would like tables that seat 6-8 people and are attractive, sturdy, easy
and light-weight to move, and easy to fold up for storage.  We would like
comfortable stackable chairs.  Of course, we would prefer not to pay a
fortune for them, but we are willing to pay more for something that really
meets our needs.

If you have furniture your like, ideas about how to make the space flexible,
or information about furniture you think would fit our needs, that would be
very helpful to us.  It would be helpful also to know if you have problem
furniture you don't recommend.  And if you know about great furniture, it
would be ideal to have a manufacturer's name and model number.

Thanks.

Susan Bennett
Columbia Ecovillage Cohousing
Portland, Oregon