Re: Zoning for Cohousing
From: Laura Fitch (lfitchkrausfitch.com)
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 09:10:58 -0700 (PDT)
If the zoning is progressive and allows for the density by right - then the
NIMBY factor usually can't stop a project.  But most zoning is BAD.  It is
in our interest to help planners pass new zoning by-laws in our area.  In my
tow that takes 2/3 vote of town meeting.  It won't happen without a lot of
professional work and grass roots support.

It was a cohousing resident who put this zoning change to our town even
though we had already built our own community in the last parcel that was
zoned to allow it.  That is what I call "service"!

Laura Fitch, AIA, LEED AP
Kraus-Fitch Architects, Inc.
110 Pulpit Hill Rd.
Amherst, MA  01002