Reminder: Welcome Weekend at CoHo Ecovillage, Corvallis, Oregon July 23-25
From: Susan Hyne (susanhynegmail.com)
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 17:14:53 -0700 (PDT)
We look forward to greeting lots of visitors in two weeks.  Enjoy Oregon
sunshine and meet your future neighbors.

In 2006 and 2007, our community hosted 16 Welcome Weekends to meet and greet
folks who were interested in becoming our neighbors.  The model was very
successful in helping folks decide if cohousing was right for them.  The
action-packed weekend format also made it easy for out-of-town visitors to
complete some of our membership steps that involved face-to-face time with
the community.

Our 17th Welcome Weekend is set for Friday, July 23rd through Sunday, July
25th.  Detailed information is available on our website at
cohoecovillage.org.

Since our October 2007 move-in, our first two resales went to folks who had
completed our membership steps, but were not able to purchase a unit because
we were sold out.

Two other units have been rented and are both opening up this summer, so the
sellers and the community are teaming up to welcome potential new neighbors
to our established, eco-friendly community.

Welcome Weekend is open to prequalified buyers with a serious interest in
purchasing a 3-bedroom, 2-bath unit.

We are emphasizing that buying a unit in an established cohousing community
focuses on two aspects--

         the *"co-"* part of cohousing (the community of neighbors) and

         and the *"-housing"* part of cohousing (the home for sale)

To explore the "-housing" part of "cohousing," prospective neighbors are
encouraged to contact the sellers directly regarding unit features, pricing,
and steps for making offers (see our website for contact information).

To explore the "co-" (community) part of "cohousing," prospective neighbors
are invited to attend Welcome Weekend and visit the Membership section of
our website for information on CoHo's membership steps.  At the Welcome
Weekend, folks can meet community members, join us for meals, learn about
life at CoHo, get questions answered, and complete some membership steps.

Events for Welcome Weekend visitors include:

Friday (starting at 7pm) - Orientation, social time, music

Saturday morning - Breakfast, bike brigade to Farmer's Market

Saturday afternoon  (1pm) - Site Tour and home tour of available units (open
to the public for folks with a general interest in cohousing)

Saturday evening - Community meal and Talent Show

Sunday morning - Wrap-up session with buddies and Membership Team

Sunday afternoon - Community meeting (ending at 3pm)

Offers may be made and accepted on the available units before, during, or
after Welcome Weekend.  Because real estate deals may fall through, people
are encouraged to step up and attend Welcome Weekend to have an opportunity
to buy a home, meet the community, and become our neighbor.

We'll even teach you the correct pronunciation of "Willamette" (as in the
Willamette River, just minutes from our community).

To make a reservation for Welcome Weekend (or the public tour that Saturday
afternoon), contact Andy at 541-231-0239 or cohocontact [at] cohoecovillage.org.

P.S.  Some tidbits about Corvallis (see Wikipedia for more detail)

·      Within 90 minutes of Portland and the Oregon Coast

·

·      Population 55,000+

·

·      Recently celebrated its 150th birthday

·

·      Home to Oregon State University

·

·      Twice named “Tree City USA”

·

·      Features 60+ miles of bike paths, trails, and roadside bicycle lanes

·

·      Buys more power from renewable resources than any other city in the
nation

·

·      Has the highest education level in the State

·

·      Has the highest library usage per capita of any city in the nation

·

·      Famous for da Vinci Days and the "All-American Everyone-Can-Join
Fabulous Fantastic Fourth of July Parade" (the CoHo marching band made the
front page of the local paper--see our website blog for more info)

--
Susan Hyne