Ultra-Urban+Green+Cohousing=Metro-Village, Washington, DC.s Newest Cohousing Community!
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 11:22:37 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all!

I’m thrilled to announce the launch of a new, green, ultra-urban cohousing initiative in NW Washington, DC: Metro-Village!

The third in Eco Housing Corporation’s portfolio -- Takoma Village completed in 2001 and Eastern Village completed in 2005 -- Metro- Village will be a 40-45 home cohousing condominium just two blocks from the Red Line Takoma metro. That’s also just two and a half blocks from Takoma Village (where Sharon Villines, Anna Amato, Steve Pretl and I live along w/ 61 other folks!) and a short 15 minute walk to Eastern Village on the MD/DC line in Silver Spring, MD. (We’re getting to be a little cohousing empire around here!)

Metro-Village is targeted to folks who ride the Metro, walk or ride a bike to work. The Metropolitan Branch Bike Trail runs right outside the community’s front door all the way to Union Station which is just three blocks from Capitol HIll.

Metro-Village will be an ultra-urban, walkable, green and sustainable community with a mix of studios, lofts, and 1 and 2 BR condo homes. The projected budget calls for home prices from the low $200’s to the mid $400’s. Situated in NW DC, the community has the luxury of easy access to Takoma Park, MD -- often referred to as “The Berkeley of the East!”

Want to know more?

Check out our very new, squeaky clean website:

http://www.metro-village.org

Join our mailing list on-line at the website!

Attend one of our weekly Site Tours starting Sunday, July 25th -- see calendar on the website for days, dates and times!

Attend our upcoming inaugural Orientation on Sunday, Sept 12!

Call or write me directly! I’m always happy to talk about cohousing!

Ann [at] metro-village.org

202 573 9113

The same development team that initiated the first two communities is working together once again to co-create this new community. We’re looking for the future residents who want to co-create this community with us. Because ... it ain't cohousing without YOU!

Urban, transit-oriented, green and sustainable cohousing -- how sweet is that?!

Pass the word! Join in the fun!  Sign up today!

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Metro-Village, a Cohousing Community
Washington, DC