Re: How do we hold each other accountable?
From: Jeanne Goodman (goodmanjjpcohousing.org)
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 17:08:19 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 3:12 PM, Sharon Villines
<sharon [at] sharonvillines.com> wrote:

> I would like all residents to
> participate somehow, even socially. I've also come to accept that only
> one person in most households will be really involved, either because
> they have children or one didn't really want to live here in the first
> place. Or both will be involved a the level of one in another
> household. As people have left we have been very fortunate to have
> them replaced by people who were much more involved in the community,
> so over time I feel the community growing stronger and it is much more
> likely when I ask  who is.... that someone will have taken
> responsibility for whatever it is.

I'm *almost* at a Zen state about social participation. Is it that
cohousing doesn't match the pre move-in image? Is it that life is
busier than they thought it would be? Is there some unknown wrong that
has turned someone away from the community? Or are these very limited
community contacts exactly what those people had in mind and asking
for more would push them outside of their comfort zone?

I'm trying not to let the reason matter. I focus my attention on those
who give socially and I give back, in return. My only sadness, as
Sharon points out, is that there is a queue of people waiting in the
wings ready to participate with all their might.

Jeanne